Saturday, December 19, 2009
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Wizard Smoke from Salazar on Vimeo.
Monday, November 16, 2009
Monday, November 9, 2009
Monday, November 2, 2009
Saturday, August 29, 2009
1. I wish Google Maps had an “Avoid Ghetto” routing option.
2. More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can’t wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that’s not only better, but also more directly involves me.
3. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong.
4. I don’t understand the purpose of the line, “I don’t need to drink to have fun.” Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they’ve invented the lighter?
5. Have you ever been walking down the street and realized that you’re going in the complete opposite direction of where you are supposed to be going? But instead of just turning a 180 and walking back in the direction from which you came, you have to first do something like check your watch or phone or make a grand arm gesture and mutter to yourself to ensure that no one in the surrounding area thinks you’re crazy by randomly switching directions on the sidewalk.
6. That’s enough, Nickelback.
8. Is it just me, or are 80% of the people in the “people you may know” feature on Facebook people that I do know, but I deliberately choose not to be friends with?
9. Do you remember when you were a kid, playing Nintendo and it wouldn’t work? You take the cartridge out, blow in it and that would magically fix the problem. Every kid in America did that, but how did we all know how to fix the problem? There was no internet or message boards or FAQ’s. We just figured it out. Today’s kids are soft.
10. There is a great need for sarcasm font.
11. Sometimes, I’ll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the f was going on when I first saw it.
12. I think everyone has a movie that they love so much, it actually becomes stressful to watch it with other people. I’ll end up wasting 90 minutes shiftily glancing around to confirm that everyone’s laughing at the right parts, then making sure I laugh just a little bit harder (and a millisecond earlier) to prove that I’m still the only one who really, really gets it.
13. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
14. I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.
15. I think part of a best friend’s job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
16. The only time I look forward to a red light is when I’m trying to finish a text.
17. A recent study has shown that playing beer pong contributes to the spread of mono and the flu. Yeah, if you suck at it.
18. Was learning cursive really necessary?
19. Lol has gone from meaning, “laugh out loud” to “I have nothing else to say”.
20. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
21. Answering the same letter three times or more in a row on a Scantron test is absolutely petrifying.
22. My brother’s Municipal League baseball team is named the Stepdads. Seeing as none of the guys on the team are actual stepdads, I inquired about the name. He explained, “Cuz we beat you, and you hate us.” Classy, bro.
23. Whenever someone says “I’m not book smart, but I’m street smart”, all I hear is “I’m not real smart, but I’m imaginary smart”.
24. How many times is it appropriate to say “What?” before you just nod and smile because you still didn’t hear what they said?
25. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars teams up to prevent a dick from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers!
26. Every time I have to spell a word over the phone using ‘as in’ examples, I will undoubtedly draw a blank and sound like a complete idiot. Today I had to spell my boss’s last name to an attorney and said “Yes that’s G as in…(10 second lapse)..ummm…Goonies”
27. What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?
28. While driving yesterday I saw a banana peel in the road and instinctively swerved to avoid it…thanks Mario Kart.
29. MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. Pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
30. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
31. I find it hard to believe there are actually people who get in the shower first and THEN turn on the water.
32. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
33. I would like to officially coin the phrase ‘catching the swine flu’ to be used as a way to make fun of a friend for hooking up with an overweight woman. Example: “Dave caught the swine flu last night.”
34. I can’t remember the last time I wasn’t at least kind of tired.
35. Bad decisions make good stories
36. Whenever I’m Facebook stalking someone and I find out that their profile is public I feel like a kid on Christmas morning who just got the Red Ryder BB gun that I always wanted. 546 pictures? Don’t mind if I do!
37. Is it just me or do high school girls get sluttier & sluttier every year?
38. If Carmen San Diego and Waldo ever got together, their offspring would probably just be completely invisible.
39. Why is it that during an ice-breaker, when the whole room has to go around and say their name and where they are from, I get so incredibly nervous? Like I know my name, I know where I’m from, this shouldn’t be a problem….
40. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you’ve made up your mind that you just aren’t doing anything productive for the rest of the day.
41. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after DVDs? I don’t want to have to restart my collection.
42. There’s no worse feeling than that millisecond you’re sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.
43. I’m always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.
44. “Do not machine wash or tumble dry” means I will never wash this ever.
45. I hate being the one with the remote in a room full of people watching TV. There’s so much pressure. ‘I love this show, but will they judge me if I keep it on? I bet everyone is wishing we weren’t watching this. It’s only a matter of time before they all get up and leave the room. Will we still be friends after this?’
46. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Dammit!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What’d you do after I didn’t answer? Drop the phone and run away?
47. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.
48. When I meet a new girl, I’m terrified of mentioning something she hasn’t already told me but that I have learned from some light internet stalking.
49. I like all of the music in my iTunes, except when it’s on shuffle, then I like about one in every fifteen songs in my iTunes.
50. Why is a school zone 20 mph? That seems like the optimal cruising speed for pedophiles…
51. As a driver I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrian I hate drivers, but no matter what the mode of transportation, I always hate cyclists.
52. Sometimes I’ll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
53. It should probably be called Unplanned Parenthood.
54. I keep some people’s phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
55. Even if I knew your social security number, I wouldn’t know what to do with it.
56. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, hitting the G-spot, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I’d bet my ass everyone can find and push the Snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time every time…
57. My 4-year old son asked me in the car the other day “Dad what would happen if you ran over a ninja?” How the hell do I respond to that?
58. It really pisses me off when I want to read a story on CNN.com and the link takes me to a video instead of text.
59.I wonder if cops ever get pissed off at the fact that everyone they drive behind obeys the speed limit.
60. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
61. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lites than Kay.
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
broken axel from Marwin Ou on Vimeo.
So I am going to combine this:
(special pegs screw into those mounts)
I mean grinding? More skitching and less of this freestyle bullshit.
ps Does anyone know how to make the frames (is that what all the links and stuff on the side of a blog is called?) stop cutting off my pictures, or whatever the hell is happening with that video at the top of this post?
Monday, July 13, 2009
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Monday, July 6, 2009
Tom Mosher Bike Check - Volume Bikes/Skitch Clothing from Tom Mosher on Vimeo.
I think I'm just feeling salted because these fixed gear kids are getting flow/sponsorship (SERIOUSLY?) from well known and respected bmx companies for doing the same tricks that little fucking kids do. Actually I would like to see a flat three on a fixie that would impress me. In the mean time how about getting your friends together and working on synchronization?
At the very least will you stop pretending like you made up tricks that have existed longer than FUCKING LIGHT BULBS!
Sorry for the hate, but a brother can only take so much.
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Despite the laid back vibe there were some fast people there
And some good racing action
Thumb wrestling match to decide overall winner in the singlespeed catagory (fixed vs ss)
Every event needs an after party
I am high and hungry add some paint pens and you get this?
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Monday, June 29, 2009
In other news things are clicking a little bit. New portfolio ideas are springing up, have some thoughts about some thesis-y sort of things, and whats that? is that a pep in my step?
plus new tattoo ideas?
Maybe I just needed some sun.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Monday, June 22, 2009
Hanging out with Jenna at this bar called Zeitgeist (totally my favorite word) and we make friends with these three people from LA who are "transitioning" to SF. They turned out to be super rad nice people who we had dinner with and then went to have, "the best bloody marys ever!" I'm not really into tomato juice so you would have to ask Jenna if this was so, but anyway moral of the story is people are really nice when its so sunny out all the time. Lovely people they were, made me feel a bit lame in truth. But they were totally rad and never rubbed their awesomeness in my face. So cool, and they invited us to LA for a party (a think I should really really do but will totally probably not).
I wake up this morning and there is a note in the kitchen from one of my roommates (I can't stress how awesome and nice these people are) with a business card attached. Turns out my roommate Jo met this dude at work and they got to talking about who knows what but some how it came up that he had this new roommate who does design from cincinnati (me.) and this other guy goes oh yeah thats rad, I know a guy who does design from Cincinnati his name is Tim Karoleff. The dude (his name is Ken Jasinski) worked with Tim at Mike and Miakke and he gave my roommate his card to give to me and told me to call him if I know Tim. So I definately have to give this guy a call. To many good things are happening to me here. I'm starting to think I'm going to get hit by a bus or something soon...
Friday, June 19, 2009
So I fly out around noon on Thursday, uneventful flight to Midway and a two hour lay over in which I proceed to get a little drunk at an airport bar watching some Confederation Cup games and almost miss my flight. I rush over to the gate area and board, luckily a lot of other people were late so I got a decent seat by a window; which I promptly gave up to a family with young kids that wanted to sit together (note: this is proof that karma exists). My new seat is next to an older retired couple flying back home to San Francisco, and we strike up a conversation about The Agony and The Ecstasy which I have been reading for the last few days (I will do a separate post about this book, epic). Anyway so I tell this couple why I'm moving out and the give me some tips and stuff and then OFFER ME A RIDE HOME FROM THE AIRPORT! How rad is that, plus one SF. We head down to the baggage claim area grab our stuff and head into the city, they drop me off at my apartment, give me their contact info and invite me over for dinner sometime while I'm here. Elaine and Doug are the nicest people ever!
I proceed to ring the doorbell to no avail, figure well and pull out my phone to give my roommate a call. No dice dead phone, oh noes. So now I'm stuck outside with my duffel and bike box just chilling on the sidewalk, this is no good. I continue to sit there and people watch for a bit thinking someone will show up, but nope nothing. In my boredom I decide I will put my bike together, at least I can work on my 180's and stuff. Right as I'm finishing that up one of my neighbors come home and I ask him if he knows the people next door and I tell him my situation. Without batting an eye he offers to let me put my stuff in his apartment and we step inside to umm...chill. And I must say what you have heard about the quality of SF chilling is no exaggeration.
Shortly after that someone shows up to let me in and I make an ass of myself because I can't understand any accents and think this kid is telling me my roommate is walking when in fact he was working oops. So I unpacked and promtly passed out.
Oh also this is the most furnished and nicest room I have ever stayed in. With really good books too!
In summation, SF feels right, the people are epicly nice and I now need to take advantage of the perfect weather to go ride my bike.
Edit: If you read this whole story here is a treat, new THEM THANGS!
Sunday, June 7, 2009
So finished up my chair quarter, almost caught up on sleep. I'm sort of disappointed in my chair, but it's kind of one of those excited disappointments where you are just bummed cause of how much cooler it could have been.
Thank goodness this quarter's over, hopefully Cali will make up for a tough six months.
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Ce la vie.
THEM THANGS is the best thing I have ever seen on the internet. Seriously I completely support every single thing there. Seriously.
Friday, May 15, 2009
Thursday, May 14, 2009
This last one is a work in progress. Its going to be a purple to white fade with gold leaf stripes.