Thursday, March 12, 2009

In honor of my last piano lesson

So I have been taking piano lessons, mostly to curb my drinking, since I have been in Oshkosh and its been pretty fun. Though I'm still awful which is unfortunate. But on to the meat and potatoes of this post (I always liked that phrase):

I think music is starting to kick ass again and this belief comes mostly from what I see as a degenreization of music, talented people are making whatever the fuck they want using whatever the fuck they want and that is whateverthefuckingawesome. Well sometimes. I mean Kanye's new album is good (dude could fart in a microphone over a track of zippers and I would rep it but I digress), but Lil Waynes new rock cd is probably awful (prom queen is) I would honestly rather hear Weezy all syzuruped rambling about whatever he feels like. It could be called like "Weezy Does the Dish" or something. That would be pretty awesome. But anyway back to the cross over awesomeness. Also Charles Hamilton is weird but a decent example. He was like a heroin addict, his first popular song was supposed to be a suicide note, he believes god is a woman (not that weird but it seems to have a larger affect on his life than you would think) and he's from Cleveland. I think he might get his own post later cause seriously you would not guess how weird he is from his music, but read his blog___oddball. Oh he also honestly thinks he is Sonic the Hedgehog, or JDilla, or something. And he wears tshirts over button up shirts which i cant really get behind. Thats pretty much everything so He won't get his own post. Just this weird rampling paragrahish thing.

I kinda forget where I am going with this so I'm just going to post Lykke Li doing Hustlin' cause that pretty much sums it up.

DO IT:


Lykke Li @ NTBR Part 4 - "Hustlin'" from Drew Innis on Vimeo.

Oh and the Air Yeezy's aren't coming out until April so I wont be able to get them. Fuck shoes.

No comments: